The Plymouth Historical Society is a membership supported, not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting local and American history.
We make Plymouth’s rich heritage come alive!
- To encourage interest and pride in the history of Plymouth and its surrounding areas.
- To discover, obtain, preserve and interpret artifacts of local significance.
- To share information with schools, organizations and the general public.
The Society manages the Alley House Museum and the adjacent Toll House Museum.
- Alley House Museum
- Toll House Museum
- We also have a building at the Terryville Fairgrounds that is open during the annual Terryville Fair (4th weekend in August).
Plymouth Historical Society
PO Box 176
572 Main St.
Plymouth, CT 06782
Follow us on Facebook
We are happy to help you learn about Plymouth’s history! Feel free to email us with questions or for a tour of the Museum.
.Click on the link below to view “The History of Plymouth”, compiled by Francis Atwater in 1895 to celebrate Plymouth’s Centennial.
We meet on the last Saturday of the month at 1PM at our Museum, located at 572 Main St., Plymouth.
The next regular meeting is Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 1PM.
The Museum is open during our meetings. You are welcome to come to our meetings and/or tour the Museum.
NOTE: Click on our “Events” tab above for the latest news.
JOIN TODAY! Click here for the membership application: Membership form
.As a volunteer based organization, the Society relies on its members to assist in collection care efforts, to administer the educational programs, and to help with fund raising events.
Please see the list of opportunities below.
- Creating exhibits and displays, and demonstrating how things work
- Maintaining the Museum buildings
- Volunteering to open the Museum on weekdays or weekends.
Interested in any of these activities? Email us at email@example.com
NEW! PLYMOUTH 225 + 1 lecture series is now on YouTube
The series of lectures on Plymouth’s history held during 2021 is now available on YouTube thanks to the Terryville High School digital media students