The Plymouth Historical Society is a membership supported, not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting local and American history.
We make Plymouth’s rich heritage come alive!
- To encourage interest and pride in the history of Plymouth and its surrounding areas.
- To discover, obtain, preserve and interpret artifacts of local significance.
- To share information with schools, organizations and the general public.
The Society owns the Alley House Museum and the adjacent Toll House Museum.
Plymouth Historical Society
PO Box 176
572 Main St.
Plymouth, CT 06782
Follow us on Facebook
We are happy to help you find the answers to questions you have about Plymouth’s history! Feel free to contact us.
Click on the link below to view “The History of Plymouth”, compiled by Francis Atwater in 1895 to celebrate Plymouth’s Centennial.
We meet on the last Saturday of the month at 1 pm at our Museum, located at 572 Main St., Plymouth.
Note: The next meeting is January 30, 2016, at 1pm.
The Museum is open during our meetings. You are more than welcome to come to our meetings and/or tour the Museum.
NOTE: Click on our “Upcoming Events” page above for the latest news.
JOIN TODAY! Click here for the membership application: Membership form
As a volunteer based organization, the Society relies on its members to assist in collection care efforts, to administer the educational programs, and to help with fund raising events.
Please see the list of opportunities below.
- Data entry and image scanning
- Processing donated historical items
- Creating exhibits and displays
- Maintaining the Museum building
Interested in any of these activities? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org